Sleep Problems and Solutions
How I Work
My full support programme will give you the confidence to make the necessary changes, to implement the plan I will devise for you and motivate you to succeed. If you are in Cork or close by we will meet in person in my Clinic adjacent to the city centre, but if you are somewhere else in Ireland or indeed overseas, I have success using either Skype, facetime or telephone, with clients to date, all over Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Germany, France, American, Australia, Dubai, Turkey, Africa and China. I work with children from 6 months to around 6 years old. I work on a professional one to one basis so that I can safely and appropriately provide advice for your specific family unit.
- I request that clients complete a Client History Review that allows me to uncover the issues and based on that information I begin to create a plan specifically for your family.
- Then we will do our consultation-Cork based clinic| Skype | facetime | phone| conference call- that typically takes me about 1 hour. During this time I will go through all the information, supply different options and fine tune the details so that at the end of our meeting you will have a step by step written plan that you can begin to implement.
- Whilst I do not do cry it out or controlled crying I cannot guarantee that your child won’t cry, but I will not ask you to leave your child alone, all my plans are designed to minimise crying and I advise about various effective settling techniques that I recommend and then I work on phasing the parent out of the bedroom as your child feels more safe and secure in the context of their sleep
- Subsequent to our initial consultation I provide support calls (6) and emails (2) as you make the changes and go through the process so that I can make adjustments, refine the detail, depending on how you and your child responds so that you achieve your sleep goals. These calls are used within the month after our meeting
- I am committed to helping families and have an extremely high success rate with parents that work with me and follow my advice and guidelines
- I also provide additional support to existing clients should sleep issues arise during transitions or travel and sickness after our initial work together (fee based)
Sleep is Priceless….
There are countless reasons why children have sleep challenges, and remember, none of us as parents, set out for it to be this way….
Here in my practise I encounter some of, or a combination of these problems, on a daily basis:
- Need the breast or bottle to get some or all of the way to sleep
- Wakes throughout the night to feed, breast or bottle
- Need to be rocked, patted, held or rubbed to sleep
- Requires a parent to stay at bedtime
- Can only sleep in parent’s bed either at bedtime or overnight or both
- Wakes almost hourly once he has gone to sleep at bedtime
- Needs the dummy re-plugged multiple times during the night
- Takes ages to go to sleep at bedtime
- Refuses to go to bed
- Refuses to stay in bed
- Wakes during the night and stays awake for large periods of time
- Wakes during the night for feeds and to come into bed with you
- Wakes early in the morning
- Resists daytime naps
- Only sleeps for 20-40 minutes at a time for day
I recognise that if you are reading this you may be over-tired and not have had uninterrupted sleep for a long time. To begin my sleep programs you do NOT have to complete a lengthy sleep diary. Completion of a simple Client History Review will enable me to identify problem areas and devise a suitable, bespoke sleep plan for your family.
Even if you have already tried everything-and I hear that all of the time! Gina Ford, The No-Cry Sleep Solution, Super Nanny, My own book even! Cry it Out or any other sleep training program or book, I will be able to help you improve your child’s sleep. I will devise a comprehensive, customised, step by step plan, designed to minimise crying and maximise your ability to correct the issues that exist. I stand over my work, committed to helping you get a full night’s sleep and work with you for the month following our meeting to help and support you, make adjustments to the plan and ultimately get your family a restful night’s sleep.
To achieve good sleep you do not have to give up breastfeeding, room sharing, co sleeping, get rid of dummies for example and you definitely do not have to cry it out.
Confidentiality is assured at all times and your details will never be disclosed to a third party.
With consistency and commitment from parents and motivation and support from me, you can expect to see improvement in as little as 4-6 days and most certainly within 2 weeks. It typically takes me 3/4 weeks to compete the process, during which time it is not advisable to go on holiday, have a sleep over, vaccinations or go away for a weekend. It can take the brain 3-4 weeks to learn a new pattern of behaviour and I want you do give your child the best opportunity to learn.
Lucy Wolfe…HELPING CHILDREN SLEEP…ONE AT A TIME….
You can read more about the cost of your sleep plan here.